The Trinity Lutheran Preschool is an educational program provided by Trinity Lutheran Church for the 3- and 4-year old children of the parish and the community.
Grounded in the philosophies of sound educational practices and embedded with the tenets of Christian love and faith, the preschool program prepares children to enter the public or private school kindergartens of the area.
To obtain information regarding the preschool, please contact the pre-school at 586-5590 or the church office and speak to the registrar, Carole Hamersly (570-587-1088), or send an e-mail to the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view our Child Protection Policy.
Trinity Lutheran Preschool will begin its year on the Monday after Labor Day in September. The last week of school will be the last week of May. We will follow the Abington Heights School District’s calendar for vacations and legal holidays, except in the case of teacher’s strikes. A complete school calendar will be available in September.
- The class sessions for the Three Year Old Program will be held on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- The class sessions for the Four Year Old Program (Morning Class) will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- The class sessions for the Four Year Old Program (Afternoon Class) will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM.
Our Teaching Staff
Say hello to Josephine Petry (age 3 Teaching Assistant), to Terry Bockelkamp (age 4 Teaching Assistant), and to Marci McDermott (age 3 and 4 teacher) our wonderful teaching staff at Trinity Lutheran PreSchool. They are three of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, and they have many years of experience.
Overview 3 Year Old Class
Overview 4 Year Old Class
Snow Day Policy
A reminder to parents — school delays and cancellations because of snow:
- If Abington Heights is closed, the pre-school will be closed.
- If Abington Heights has a two hour delay the three year old class will meet from 9:30-11:30 as regularly scheduled (at parents discretion).
- If Abington Heights has a two hour delay the four year old morning class will start at 10:00 a.m.
- If Abington Heights has an early dismissal, the afternoon class will not meet.